Arabella’s new Archway play is a big hit!
ACTRESS and comedian Arabella Weir enjoys the new slide at Elthorne Park as the ribbon is cut on its fun-packed new play area.
The Fast Show star, secretary of the Friends of Elthorne Park, which is in Hazellville Road, Archway, was joined by schoolchildren and the Mayor of Islington, Councillor Mouna Hamitouche, to open the playground on Tuesday.
She said: “It’s lovely. The children were loving it all – they were haring around and swinging around on the new things they never had in my day.
“It’s a small park but thanks to the friends it’s all rather good – and it just shows what a little local pressure can do.
“It’s a fantastic contribution to the ever-improving Elthorne Park from Islington Council, whose commitment to the park is much appreciated by the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Elthorne Park also houses the Cruyff Court Dennis Bergkamp astroturf pitch, which was opened in 2008 by Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp and the Dutch football master Johan Cruyff himself.
Picture: Tony Gay
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants