Arabella’s new Archway play is a big hit!
ACTRESS and comedian Arabella Weir enjoys the new slide at Elthorne Park as the ribbon is cut on its fun-packed new play area.
The Fast Show star, secretary of the Friends of Elthorne Park, which is in Hazellville Road, Archway, was joined by schoolchildren and the Mayor of Islington, Councillor Mouna Hamitouche, to open the playground on Tuesday.
She said: “It’s lovely. The children were loving it all – they were haring around and swinging around on the new things they never had in my day.
“It’s a small park but thanks to the friends it’s all rather good – and it just shows what a little local pressure can do.
“It’s a fantastic contribution to the ever-improving Elthorne Park from Islington Council, whose commitment to the park is much appreciated by the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Elthorne Park also houses the Cruyff Court Dennis Bergkamp astroturf pitch, which was opened in 2008 by Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp and the Dutch football master Johan Cruyff himself.
Picture: Tony Gay
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years