Arabella’s new Archway play is a big hit!
ACTRESS and comedian Arabella Weir enjoys the new slide at Elthorne Park as the ribbon is cut on its fun-packed new play area.
The Fast Show star, secretary of the Friends of Elthorne Park, which is in Hazellville Road, Archway, was joined by schoolchildren and the Mayor of Islington, Councillor Mouna Hamitouche, to open the playground on Tuesday.
She said: “It’s lovely. The children were loving it all – they were haring around and swinging around on the new things they never had in my day.
“It’s a small park but thanks to the friends it’s all rather good – and it just shows what a little local pressure can do.
“It’s a fantastic contribution to the ever-improving Elthorne Park from Islington Council, whose commitment to the park is much appreciated by the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Elthorne Park also houses the Cruyff Court Dennis Bergkamp astroturf pitch, which was opened in 2008 by Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp and the Dutch football master Johan Cruyff himself.
Picture: Tony Gay
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Islington district seal victory over Camden
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir