Archway bus depot awarded for healthy food
A busy canteen at a bus depot has joined the band of businesses pledging to help make Islington healthier.
Autograph Catering, which runs the canteen at Metroline’s Archway base in Pemberton Gardens, is among 13 food businesses awarded the Healthier Catering Commitment, which forms part of the Hearty Lives Islington campaign run by Islington Council in partnership with the British Heart Foundation.
The company serves breakfast, main meals and light meals to up to 185 bus drivers every day, with healthier foods. Caf�s, kebab shops, burger vans, and a chip shop are also among the outlets which have taken steps to reduce salt, saturated fat and sugar.
Cllr Janet Burgess, Islington Council’s executive member for health and adult social care, said: “Making healthier food available is an important part of making Islington a fairer place and I’m delighted so many local businesses are signing up to help fight heart disease.
Often there is hidden salt, fat and sugar in the food we buy, but with this award customers can be confident that they are getting a healthier meal.”
To find out more please visit www.islington.gov.uk/heartylives
- 1 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 5 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 6 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 7 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 8 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 9 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 10 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury