Archway bus depot awarded for healthy food
A busy canteen at a bus depot has joined the band of businesses pledging to help make Islington healthier.
Autograph Catering, which runs the canteen at Metroline’s Archway base in Pemberton Gardens, is among 13 food businesses awarded the Healthier Catering Commitment, which forms part of the Hearty Lives Islington campaign run by Islington Council in partnership with the British Heart Foundation.
The company serves breakfast, main meals and light meals to up to 185 bus drivers every day, with healthier foods. Caf�s, kebab shops, burger vans, and a chip shop are also among the outlets which have taken steps to reduce salt, saturated fat and sugar.
Cllr Janet Burgess, Islington Council’s executive member for health and adult social care, said: “Making healthier food available is an important part of making Islington a fairer place and I’m delighted so many local businesses are signing up to help fight heart disease.
Often there is hidden salt, fat and sugar in the food we buy, but with this award customers can be confident that they are getting a healthier meal.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more please visit www.islington.gov.uk/heartylives
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting