Archway bus depot awarded for healthy food
A busy canteen at a bus depot has joined the band of businesses pledging to help make Islington healthier.
Autograph Catering, which runs the canteen at Metroline’s Archway base in Pemberton Gardens, is among 13 food businesses awarded the Healthier Catering Commitment, which forms part of the Hearty Lives Islington campaign run by Islington Council in partnership with the British Heart Foundation.
The company serves breakfast, main meals and light meals to up to 185 bus drivers every day, with healthier foods. Caf�s, kebab shops, burger vans, and a chip shop are also among the outlets which have taken steps to reduce salt, saturated fat and sugar.
Cllr Janet Burgess, Islington Council’s executive member for health and adult social care, said: “Making healthier food available is an important part of making Islington a fairer place and I’m delighted so many local businesses are signing up to help fight heart disease.
Often there is hidden salt, fat and sugar in the food we buy, but with this award customers can be confident that they are getting a healthier meal.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more please visit www.islington.gov.uk/heartylives
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows