Archway care home hosts charity fashion show for the elderly
- Credit: Archant
An Archway care home was bang on trend last week when elderly tenants were treated to a charity fashion show.
Cheverton Lodge in Cheverton Road teamed up with Kissing it Better to bring the high street to the people living there who can’t easily get out to the shops.
Finsbury Park fashion designer Nikki Kher brought her collection and the models strutted down the catwalk to show off the clothes, which were available to buy.
Homemade canapes and wine were served while free makeovers were also offered.
The care home fashion show was the brainchild of Gil Frasier, who runs Kissing it Better. Gil said: “The idea of the charity is to bring the outside world in, and to connect people who might be in a care home or a hospital, but sometimes they feel like they’re in the middle of the desert because there isn’t that connection outside”.
You may also want to watch:
Claire, who lives at the home, said: “I haven’t had mascara on in 20 years! It brought back good memories.”
Ms Kher said it was “a wonderful experience”.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing