Archway care home hosts charity fashion show for the elderly
- Credit: Archant
An Archway care home was bang on trend last week when elderly tenants were treated to a charity fashion show.
Cheverton Lodge in Cheverton Road teamed up with Kissing it Better to bring the high street to the people living there who can’t easily get out to the shops.
Finsbury Park fashion designer Nikki Kher brought her collection and the models strutted down the catwalk to show off the clothes, which were available to buy.
Homemade canapes and wine were served while free makeovers were also offered.
The care home fashion show was the brainchild of Gil Frasier, who runs Kissing it Better. Gil said: “The idea of the charity is to bring the outside world in, and to connect people who might be in a care home or a hospital, but sometimes they feel like they’re in the middle of the desert because there isn’t that connection outside”.
You may also want to watch:
Claire, who lives at the home, said: “I haven’t had mascara on in 20 years! It brought back good memories.”
Ms Kher said it was “a wonderful experience”.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder