Archway care home putting on Christmas dinner for those who would otherwise be eating alone
- Credit: Archant
An Archway care home is opening its doors this Christmas Day to anyone who would otherwise be eating alone.
Cheverton Lodge in Cheverton Road is putting on a traditional Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings for people in the community, as well as their residents.
The head chef is able to cook for diners with varied dietary needs, but people are urged to book as soon as possible as places are limited.
Earl Elliott, general manager at Cheverton Lodge, will be joining diners on Christmas Day. He said: "Our Don't Dine Alone initiative supports people throughout the year and we believe at Christmas time it is important for those who would like company, to be able to have this, whilst enjoying a delicious meal."
The Don't Dine Alone initiative was launched by care provider Barchester Healthcare as a way to reach out to isolated or vulnerable members of their local communities.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities begin at midday and places can be booked by calling 0207 281 7040.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant