Archway care home putting on Christmas dinner for those who would otherwise be eating alone
- Credit: Archant
An Archway care home is opening its doors this Christmas Day to anyone who would otherwise be eating alone.
Cheverton Lodge in Cheverton Road is putting on a traditional Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings for people in the community, as well as their residents.
The head chef is able to cook for diners with varied dietary needs, but people are urged to book as soon as possible as places are limited.
Earl Elliott, general manager at Cheverton Lodge, will be joining diners on Christmas Day. He said: "Our Don't Dine Alone initiative supports people throughout the year and we believe at Christmas time it is important for those who would like company, to be able to have this, whilst enjoying a delicious meal."
The Don't Dine Alone initiative was launched by care provider Barchester Healthcare as a way to reach out to isolated or vulnerable members of their local communities.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities begin at midday and places can be booked by calling 0207 281 7040.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant