Teen boy stabbed in Elthorne Park, Archway
- Credit: Archant
A boy was stabbed in broad daylight at an Archway park this afternoon.
Police officers and paramedics were called to reports of an assault in Elthorne Park at about 1.30pm.
The victim was taken to hospital but his injuries “are not believed to be life changing or life threatening”.
One man, who wished to remain anonymous, witnessed the immediate aftermath of the crime.
“I arrived as the ambulance was taking the victim off together with a police escort,” he told the Gazette.
You may also want to watch:
“I see stuff like this every week. My daughters had all seen a gun before teens, they used to play a game on the way to school called follow the blood trail.
“Living in Archway has become truly horrible and if it weren’t for my mental health needs I would have moved long ago.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “Officers attended alongside the LAS and found a boy, believed to be in his teens, suffering from a slash wound.
“He was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.”
No arrests have been made. Officers are investigating.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 020 7433 0121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.