Teen boy stabbed in Elthorne Park, Archway
- Credit: Archant
A boy was stabbed in broad daylight at an Archway park this afternoon.
Police officers and paramedics were called to reports of an assault in Elthorne Park at about 1.30pm.
The victim was taken to hospital but his injuries “are not believed to be life changing or life threatening”.
One man, who wished to remain anonymous, witnessed the immediate aftermath of the crime.
“I arrived as the ambulance was taking the victim off together with a police escort,” he told the Gazette.
You may also want to watch:
“I see stuff like this every week. My daughters had all seen a gun before teens, they used to play a game on the way to school called follow the blood trail.
“Living in Archway has become truly horrible and if it weren’t for my mental health needs I would have moved long ago.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “Officers attended alongside the LAS and found a boy, believed to be in his teens, suffering from a slash wound.
“He was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.”
No arrests have been made. Officers are investigating.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 020 7433 0121 or email@example.com.