Archway Road crash: Motorcyclist in hospital after bike collides with bus
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist is in hospital after his bike collided with a 390 bus as it was turning in Archway Road.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Waterlow Road, at 2.40pm by medics.
The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
A video of the crash, seen by the Gazette, shows the motorbike travelling in a lane to the right of the bus moments before the double-decker begins turning across his path and the two collide.
Chris Sparks, landlord of the nearby Charlotte Despard pub, heard the crash and ran to the victim’s aid while an ambulance was called.
You may also want to watch:
“I heard the brakes,” he told the Gazette. “I ran outside and there was a young lad phoning 999. I held the guy’s hand and called his wife.
“He’d definitely broken his leg. It was really bad. His bike was on one side of the central reservation and he was on the other.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
The road is now reopened but bus routes 4, 17, 43, 134, 263, 390, C11 and W5 are delayed as a result.
TfL’s bus chief Tony Akers said: “An out-of-service route 390 bus was involved in a collision with a motorcycle on Archway Road.
“Our thoughts are with the injured motorcyclist at this time. A full investigation into the incident is underway.”