Archway’s Navigator Square could get a market three times a week
- Credit: Archant
A market could be coming to Archway’s Navigator Square three times a week.
Archway Market has already relocated to the recently pedestrianised square on Saturdays.
Now Islington Council has made a planning application to itself to allow Archway Market to run on Wednesdays, as well.
In addition, the council wants separate “themed” markets to take place on Sundays.
The proposal will be heard at a meeting of Islington’s planning sub committee at the town hall on Tuesday next week.
You may also want to watch:
Unsurprisingly, planning officers have advised councillors to approve the application, which would allow up to 25 stalls to do business between 8am and 8pm.
The plans, the officers said, are “considered to enliven and enhance the Archway town centre, contributing to vitality and vibrancy of the area”.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
Police presence has been requested on market days, but the cops hadn’t responded to the council.