Archway’s Navigator Square could get a market three times a week
- Credit: Archant
A market could be coming to Archway’s Navigator Square three times a week.
Archway Market has already relocated to the recently pedestrianised square on Saturdays.
Now Islington Council has made a planning application to itself to allow Archway Market to run on Wednesdays, as well.
In addition, the council wants separate “themed” markets to take place on Sundays.
The proposal will be heard at a meeting of Islington’s planning sub committee at the town hall on Tuesday next week.
You may also want to watch:
Unsurprisingly, planning officers have advised councillors to approve the application, which would allow up to 25 stalls to do business between 8am and 8pm.
The plans, the officers said, are “considered to enliven and enhance the Archway town centre, contributing to vitality and vibrancy of the area”.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Police presence has been requested on market days, but the cops hadn’t responded to the council.