Are you eligible for a new free boiler from Islington Council?
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of homes could be eligible for a new energy-efficient boiler worth £2,300, under a council scheme.
Those with boilers rated F or G for efficiency could receive a new A-rated model free of charge, saving as much as £150 per year.
The boilers have an efficiency of 90 per cent, resulting in lower CO2 emissions and running costs.
Last year, the council replaced 1,300 boilers under the scheme and aims to fit 700 in 2014.
To apply for the scheme people must live in Islington and be either a homeowner, a private tenant or a private sector landlord.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council and housing association tenants are being helped through a separate scheme.
Boilers are available on a “first come, first served” basis but vulnerable applicants have priority if the scheme is oversubscribed.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
The council’s Energy Doctor workshops over the next month will educate people in ways to trap heat in their homes and keep bills down. For venues, dates and times call the energy advice team on 0800 953 1221 or 020 7527 2121.
n To see if a boiler is eligible for a free upgrade visit www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/efficiency-tables.html.