Are you eligible for a new free boiler from Islington Council?
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of homes could be eligible for a new energy-efficient boiler worth £2,300, under a council scheme.
Those with boilers rated F or G for efficiency could receive a new A-rated model free of charge, saving as much as £150 per year.
The boilers have an efficiency of 90 per cent, resulting in lower CO2 emissions and running costs.
Last year, the council replaced 1,300 boilers under the scheme and aims to fit 700 in 2014.
To apply for the scheme people must live in Islington and be either a homeowner, a private tenant or a private sector landlord.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council and housing association tenants are being helped through a separate scheme.
Boilers are available on a “first come, first served” basis but vulnerable applicants have priority if the scheme is oversubscribed.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
The council’s Energy Doctor workshops over the next month will educate people in ways to trap heat in their homes and keep bills down. For venues, dates and times call the energy advice team on 0800 953 1221 or 020 7527 2121.
n To see if a boiler is eligible for a free upgrade visit www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/efficiency-tables.html.