Are you eligible for a new free boiler from Islington Council?
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of homes could be eligible for a new energy-efficient boiler worth £2,300, under a council scheme.
Those with boilers rated F or G for efficiency could receive a new A-rated model free of charge, saving as much as £150 per year.
The boilers have an efficiency of 90 per cent, resulting in lower CO2 emissions and running costs.
Last year, the council replaced 1,300 boilers under the scheme and aims to fit 700 in 2014.
To apply for the scheme people must live in Islington and be either a homeowner, a private tenant or a private sector landlord.
Islington Council and housing association tenants are being helped through a separate scheme.
Boilers are available on a “first come, first served” basis but vulnerable applicants have priority if the scheme is oversubscribed.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 3 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 10 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
The council’s Energy Doctor workshops over the next month will educate people in ways to trap heat in their homes and keep bills down. For venues, dates and times call the energy advice team on 0800 953 1221 or 020 7527 2121.
n To see if a boiler is eligible for a free upgrade visit www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/efficiency-tables.html.