Are you eligible for a new free boiler from Islington Council?
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of homes could be eligible for a new energy-efficient boiler worth £2,300, under a council scheme.
Those with boilers rated F or G for efficiency could receive a new A-rated model free of charge, saving as much as £150 per year.
The boilers have an efficiency of 90 per cent, resulting in lower CO2 emissions and running costs.
Last year, the council replaced 1,300 boilers under the scheme and aims to fit 700 in 2014.
To apply for the scheme people must live in Islington and be either a homeowner, a private tenant or a private sector landlord.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council and housing association tenants are being helped through a separate scheme.
Boilers are available on a “first come, first served” basis but vulnerable applicants have priority if the scheme is oversubscribed.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
The council’s Energy Doctor workshops over the next month will educate people in ways to trap heat in their homes and keep bills down. For venues, dates and times call the energy advice team on 0800 953 1221 or 020 7527 2121.
n To see if a boiler is eligible for a free upgrade visit www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/efficiency-tables.html.