Armed police make two arrests after firearm and other weapons allegedly brandished near Upper Street
- Credit: Archant
Armed police were scrambled to Laycock Street yesterday afternoon after a witness reported seeing people wielding a gun and other weapons.
Officers then to travelled Allerton Street, where they stopped a vehicle and arrested a man, of unknown age, on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
But cops didn't recover a gun.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson added: "At 5.30pm a second male - no further details - was arrested on suspicion of affray and dangerous driving in Rotherfield Court.
"Both males remain in custody."
You may also want to watch:
Police aren't aware of anyone being hurt in connection to these incidents. The investigation is ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette 07785 616244 or email email@example.com
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream