Armed police make two arrests after firearm and other weapons allegedly brandished near Upper Street
- Credit: Archant
Armed police were scrambled to Laycock Street yesterday afternoon after a witness reported seeing people wielding a gun and other weapons.
Officers then to travelled Allerton Street, where they stopped a vehicle and arrested a man, of unknown age, on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
But cops didn't recover a gun.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson added: "At 5.30pm a second male - no further details - was arrested on suspicion of affray and dangerous driving in Rotherfield Court.
"Both males remain in custody."
You may also want to watch:
Police aren't aware of anyone being hurt in connection to these incidents. The investigation is ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 5 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme