Car chased by police collides with woman in Highbury
- Credit: Archant
A car being chased by police collided with a woman and two other vehicles in Highbury on Thursday.
At about 3.45pm, police were called to a man acting suspiciously in a car in Durham Road.
Officers approached the vehicle, which reversed and collided with a woman.
She suffered a minor facial injury.
The car then crashed into a parked vehicle and drove off.
You may also want to watch:
Police followed the car, which later collided with “street furniture” and another parked car in Aubert Park.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “[A man] was arrested on suspicion of driving offences, being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and possession of an offensive weapon.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
He’s been bailed until mid-July.
A different man was seen getting out of the passenger seat of the car that crashed. Police say he got into a different vehicle, which was later found abandoned in Ronalds Road.
Call police on 101 if you have information about this incident.