Car chased by police collides with woman in Highbury
- Credit: Archant
A car being chased by police collided with a woman and two other vehicles in Highbury on Thursday.
At about 3.45pm, police were called to a man acting suspiciously in a car in Durham Road.
Officers approached the vehicle, which reversed and collided with a woman.
She suffered a minor facial injury.
The car then crashed into a parked vehicle and drove off.
You may also want to watch:
Police followed the car, which later collided with “street furniture” and another parked car in Aubert Park.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “[A man] was arrested on suspicion of driving offences, being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and possession of an offensive weapon.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
He’s been bailed until mid-July.
A different man was seen getting out of the passenger seat of the car that crashed. Police say he got into a different vehicle, which was later found abandoned in Ronalds Road.
Call police on 101 if you have information about this incident.