Arsenal 0-1 Porto: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal hosted Porto in the final of the Premier League International Cup Final. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS to find out which young guns impressed on Tuesday evening.
Joao Virginia: 7.5 – Has had an impressive season. Always shows good footwork, effective distribution and patrols his area well. Confident in the air with excellent footwork as a ‘sweeper keeper’ when required.
Jordi Osei-Tutu: 7 – Deceptively powerful right back. Another who has impressed as much for the grit he has shown as his defensive solidity. Posses an attacking mindset as always looks to supplement his colleagues further forward when he can.
Tolaji Bola: 7 – A tough defender who worked hard.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gilmour: 7 – Battled gamely but couldn’t keep out Porto for the all-important goal
Danny Ballard (captain): 7 – Solid and efficient. Full of character as befits a player who having been released twice from the club, has fought his way back into contention. A big season awaits next year for this no-nonsense centre-half.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Ben Sheaf: 7 – Played at centre-back when perhaps his best position is as a creative force in midfield.
Aaron Eyoma: 6 – Subdued but not for want of trying
Josh Da Silva: 6.5 – Battled hard but another who failed to impose himself on the game as much as he would have liked
Yassin Fortune: 6.5 – Big and powerful but well marshalled by the limpet-like Diogo Leite
Emile Smith Rowe: 6.5 – Undoubted talent set for a bright future but wasn’t as influential as he would have liked in a disjointed Arsenal side
Vlad Dragomir: 6.5 – Became more influential as the game progressed but couldn’t break down the stubborn Porto backline