Arsenal 0-1 Porto: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal hosted Porto in the final of the Premier League International Cup Final. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS to find out which young guns impressed on Tuesday evening.
Joao Virginia: 7.5 – Has had an impressive season. Always shows good footwork, effective distribution and patrols his area well. Confident in the air with excellent footwork as a ‘sweeper keeper’ when required.
Jordi Osei-Tutu: 7 – Deceptively powerful right back. Another who has impressed as much for the grit he has shown as his defensive solidity. Posses an attacking mindset as always looks to supplement his colleagues further forward when he can.
Tolaji Bola: 7 – A tough defender who worked hard.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gilmour: 7 – Battled gamely but couldn’t keep out Porto for the all-important goal
Danny Ballard (captain): 7 – Solid and efficient. Full of character as befits a player who having been released twice from the club, has fought his way back into contention. A big season awaits next year for this no-nonsense centre-half.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
Ben Sheaf: 7 – Played at centre-back when perhaps his best position is as a creative force in midfield.
Aaron Eyoma: 6 – Subdued but not for want of trying
Josh Da Silva: 6.5 – Battled hard but another who failed to impose himself on the game as much as he would have liked
Yassin Fortune: 6.5 – Big and powerful but well marshalled by the limpet-like Diogo Leite
Emile Smith Rowe: 6.5 – Undoubted talent set for a bright future but wasn’t as influential as he would have liked in a disjointed Arsenal side
Vlad Dragomir: 6.5 – Became more influential as the game progressed but couldn’t break down the stubborn Porto backline