Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal lost 3-0 at home to Manchester City at the Emirates on Thursday. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS on a freezing evening in North London.
Petr Cech: 6 – Could he have been more alert for the goals? Perhaps, but to blame him would be to miss the point as this once world-class keeper edges into the autumn of a fine career
Hector Bellerin: 6 – Poor positioning and a lack of inspiration on a bitterly cold night. But then he wasn’t the only one.
Laurent Koscienly: 6 – The captain has suffered a poor few days as he battled against a lively forward line.
Shkodran Mustafi: 5 – After his error in the final at Wembley was it a surprise to see him in the starting line-up against City? No, because the team have become complacent and expect to play because they have stopped listening to – and believing in – their boss. Another poor display.
Sead Kolasinac: 5.5 – Worrying to see how he has regressed since his excellent displays at the start of the season. Whose fault is that? Dips are one thing but it is concerning how many players have lost confidence under Wenger.
- 1 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 2 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 3 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 10 Murder trial: Accused travelled to London to 'Netflix and chill' with woman
Granit Xhaka: 5 – The editor of irreverent Arsenal Fanzine Up The Arse posted on Twitter (with 1980s diva Chaka Khan very much in mind) Xhaka can’t. Xhaka can’t. I feel for you.
Aaron Ramsey: 5 – Struggled at Wembley. Struggled tonight the Emirates despite firing off a powerful first half shot that tested Ederson
Mesut Ozil: 4 – Was he even playing?
Henrik Mkhitaryan: 4 – Back to his Manchester United form. Unfortunately it was that which prompted Jose Mourinho to let him go.
Danny Welbeck: 4 – Largely anonymous. Again
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 4 – A real shame he couldn’t grab his first Gunners goal after his penalty miss. He must be wondering what he has let himself in for.
Ederson: 8 – Excellent penalty from an excellent keeper.
Kyle Walker: 7.5 – Marshalled the Arsenal forwards effectively as the former Spurs man took satisfaction from beating the Gunners twice in a week.
Danilo: 7.5 – Competent. But then that’s all he needed to be after an exceptional performance at Wembley.
Vincent Kompany: 8 - Captain. Leader. Legend. Again.
Nicolas Otamendi: 7 – Gave away the penalty but wasn’t punished.
Ilkay Gundogan: 7 – Solid
Kevin De Bruyne: 7 – World class. Even if he didn’t need to show it against Arsenal. For the second time this week.
David Silva: 8 – Wonderful to see this left-footed talent. Deserved his goal.
Bernardo: 7.5 – Early goal knocked the gumption out of Arsenal
Leroy Sane: 8.5 – Superb first half performance.
Sergio Aguero: 8 – Didn’t grab his 200th goal for City but can be happy with his performance including an assist for Silva.