Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City player ratings: Ozil and Sokratis shambolic
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal lost 3-0 to a rampant Manchester City after a shocking display on Sunday afternoon. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings at the Emirates.
Bernd Leno - 7 - Made a number of brilliant saves and could do little about the goals. The German gets absolutely no help from the defence in front of him.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles - 2.5 - He simply isn't a defender, but he also seems to lack the quality to play out wide or in midfield. Gave De Bruyne way too much time for Sterling's goal.
Calum Chambers - 2 - Gave the ball away in silly areas and allowed City way too much time throughout. He has to be more proactive in the defending. Shocking display.
Sokratis - 1 - A player of his experience should be leading the defence, instead he is the main issue. Lacking composure and pace, he is also seemingly void of any position sense. Terrible, just terrible.
You may also want to watch:
Sead Kolasinac - 5 - Should have picked up Sterling for the second City goal, but at least he showed drive and intent going forward before coming off injured.
Matteo Guendouzi - 2 - Ran and ran and ran, but to absolutely no effect. Got caught out of position time and again, getting overran by City's rampant attack. He continues to struggle following a good start to the season.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Lucas Torreira - 3 - Caught out of position up the pitch far too often and needed to be closer to De Bruyne to stop the Belgian. He must do better, but he needs help.
Nicolas Pepe - 5.5 - Produced little, but at least he looked like he might make something happen.
Mesut Ozil - 2 - Never looked like he'd make anything happen. Too slow and too weak, even looking thoroughly disinterested at times, especially when coming off before the hour with a disgraceful show of petulance. To think Aaron Ramsey was let go while Ozil was given a new bumper deal is shocking.
Gabriel Martinelli - 6.5 - Worked his socks off and battled throughout, testing Ederson on a few occasions. One of the few who were at fault.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 3 - Almost invisible throughout, but was given little service. More needed from the Arsenal captain.
Bukayo Saka - 5.5 - Forced to play out of position at left-back, but he worked hard and tried his best.
Emile Smith Rowe - 5.5 - Made little impact after coming on.
Joe Willock - N/A