Arsenal 1-1 Atletico Madrid: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsenal hosted Atletico Madrid at the Emirates. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS
David Ospina: 7 – Produced an excellent save from Antoine Griezmann late in the first half which kept out that crucial away goal – at least until Koscienly and Mustafi’s comedy of errors allowed Griezmann in
Hector Bellerin: 8 – Superb. A constant threat throughout the match. His gameplan to tuck in and draw Lucas Hernandez out of position to exploit the space behind worked a treat at times.
Shkodran Mustafi: 5 – Had one of his better games in an Arsenal shirt as he kept the Atleti forward line at bay. Slipped on the line to allow Griezmann in for the goal
You may also want to watch:
Laurent Koscielny: 5 – The captain put in a shift worthy of a leader. Until his late error.
Nacho Monreal: 7.5 – Could have scored in the first half after a low drive flew wide while supplementing attacks. Consistent as ever. Has to be the club’s Player of the Season
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Granit Xhaka: 7.5 – Delivered dead balls well as is his wont. Formed an effective defensive shield with Wilshere, in a task made easier by facing ten men.
Jack Wilshere: 7.5 – A lively performance as he buzzed around the fringes of the Atleti box while always keeping his shape defensively.
Aaron Ramsey: 7 – Not as influential as he would have liked to have been but a threat nevertheless
Danny Welbeck: 7 – Whipped in excellent balls and showed good running on and off the ball
Mesut Ozil: 7 – His silky skills were somewhat lost in the maelstrom of this match but a class act. As a former Real Madrid player he will have to show cojones in the Spanish capital next week for the crucial second leg
Alexandre Lacazette: 8 – Scored the goal. Could and should have had more but keeper Oblak was in outstanding form