Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-1 to win through to Wembley. Read Layth Yousif’s player ratings from a dramatic night at the Emirates
David Ospina: 7 – Even in a bright luminous kit he wasn’t as noticeable as you would have thought as Chelsea failed to test him as much as they would have liked. When he was called into action he again stepped up to the plate in a big game against the Blues
Hector Bellerín: 7.5 – Maurading forward to supplement attacks while showing that he has taken on board recent football criticism by showing more defensive discipline and positional awareness
Laurent Koscielny: 7.5 – Captain, leader, legend
Shkodran Mustafi: 7 – Eden Hazard may have tripped but anyone who saw his sly look to assess where Mustafi was before taking a fall will know what he intended. Thankfully the big German wasn’t implicated.
You may also want to watch:
Nacho Monreal: 8 – The unsung Spainiard is only now receiving his due as consistency personified. With a goal and an assist on Saturday topped up by his header which led to ping pong in the Chelsea box before Arsenal’s first goal he showed again he is well on the way to becoming a Gunners icon.
Jack Wilshere: 7.5 – Booked in the first half but the caution didn’t hold this all-action player back as he gave his all in the heart of battle
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
Mohamed Elneny: 7 – Solid performer and while never let his club or teammates down
Granit Xhaka: 8 – Dead ball specialist but simply not dynamic enough to be a creative midfielder, while does not posses the discipline or defensive nous, not to mention positional intelligence to become a genuine holding midfielder. But all that is for another day after the way he stabbed the ball home to make it 2-1 and become an Arsenal hero
Mesut Ozil: 7.5 – A Rolls Royce of a player. To lose one world class talent is misfortune, to lose two is carelessness. Arsenal simply cannot let him leave. Another performance in which he showed his quality and class.
Alexandre Lacazette: 7 – Lacked sharpness and is in need of a winter’s rest yet always gave his all and is a real team player. Showed that by his sterling work out wide in feeding the ball to Xhaka for the winner
Alex Iwobi: 6 – Needs to cut down on the partying on spend more time on his football after this ineffectual performance when his team needed him the most. Looked off the pace and his final ball needs substantial improvement.
Follow Layth on Twitter @laythy29