Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace player ratings: Disgraceful Xhaka shown up by determined Sokratis and influential Guendouzi
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal drew 2-2 with Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon despite having a two-goal lead. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings from the Emirates.
Bernd Leno - 6 - Will be disappointed with the second goal, but came and collected some important crosses to ease pressure on his side.
Calum Chambers - 5 - Conceded the penalty and struggled to keep a handle on Zaha. His worst performance of a decent season.
Sokratis - 7.5 - Scored the opener and outshone is defensive partner Luiz. Made some crucial interceptions at key times in one of his better performances this season.
David Luiz - 4.5 - Added the second goal, but was poor defensively. Lost Ayew far to easily for Palace's equaliser and got Arsenal in trouble with some poor passing. Looks hapless at times.
You may also want to watch:
Kieran Tierney - 6.5 - A decent enough Premier League debut for the Scot, who got forward well and did his defensive duties well enough.
Granit Xhaka - 0 - Not for his performance but his behaviour. To slowly walk off after being substitute, then react to booing from fans by throwing his shirt to the floor and storming down the tunnel is not behaviour becoming of an Arsenal captain. Disgraceful.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Matteo Guendouzi - 7 - More of the same from the Frenchman. Tried to drive Arsenal forward at every possible chance and showed Xhaka the kind of character and determination needed.
Dani Ceballos - 5.5 - Forced to play out side and struggled to impact the game because of this. Needs a player to link with between the lines to show his best qualities.
Nicolas Pepe - 6.5 - Two quality deliveries from corners got Arsenal their two early goals. Faded as the game went on, but seems to have got his confidence back.
Alexandre Lacazette - 6 - Worked hard for the team but had little services to work with.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 5 - Not a great performance, but if he's been given nothing to feed off what can you expect?
Bukayo Saka - 5.5 - Failed to create anything after being introduced to change the game.
Sead Kolasinac - 6 - Did well to halt Palace when he came on.