Arsenal 2-2 Southampton player ratings: Lacazette saves Emery’s bacon – but only for now
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A disappointing Arsenal drew 2-2 with Southampton on Saturday, with Unai Emery at serious risk of losing his job. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings from the Emirates.
Bernd Leno - 7 - Made some important stops, including the penalty save before Ward-Prowse tucked home the rebound. Needs more help from his defence.
Calum Chambers - 3.5 - Gave away the free-kick that led to the goal and struggled against the pace and direct running of Nathan Redmond. Substituted at half-time.
David Luiz - 3.5 - Wasn't even looking at the ball when Southampton took the quick free-kick for the opener. That can be added to a catalogue of mistakes in his short Arsenal career as he continues to struggle.
Sokratis - 3 - Played Ings onside for the opener and should have been more aware of what was happening. Ridiculous mistake in the second-half that almost led to Southampton scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Hector Bellerin - 6 - Got forward well and did his defensive duties well enough. Could have been more switched on to stop the Saints' opener.
Kieran Tierney - 6.5 - Got forward well and his pinpoint crossing was a real attacking asset for Arsenal. Gave away the penalty for Souhampton's second although it looked soft.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
Matteo Guendouzi - 5.5 - Battled hard and put in a lot of running, but needed to have more impact going forward and back.
Lucas Torreira - 7 - Showed just why he should be Arsenal's first-choice holding midfielder. Put in a busy display, constantly cutting out attacks with some smart positional play.
Mesut Ozil - 5.5 - Energetic performance but needed to create more.
Alexandre Lacazette - 7.5 - Scored both and looked lively throughout. Better from the striker who might have saved Emery for now.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 5 - Offered little going forward, but again, he needs more servive.
Nicolas Pepe - 6.5 - Make an impact off the bench but faded as the half went on.
Joe Willock - N/A
Gabriel Martinelli - N/A