Arsenal 2014/15 Premier League fixtures: Gunners start against Crystal Palace
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Arsenal will begin their 2014/15 campaign with a London derby against Crystal Palace at the Emirates before away days at Everton and Leicester City, it was revealed today.
The Gunners have a tricky run early on as they host Manchester City on September 13 before taking on north London rivals Tottenham at the Emirates two weeks later (September 27), and then playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge the following week (October 4).
The away fixture against Spurs is on February 7, and the home fixture against Chelsea - where former captain Cesc Fabregas will return to the club - is on April 25.
The trip to the Etihad, where Arsenal were humbled 6-3 last season by Manchester City, is scheduled for January 17.
Arsenal will welcome back Robin van Persie to the Emirates when they host Manchester United on November 22, before travelling to Old Trafford for the penultimate game of the season on May 16.
The Gunners have three away games out of four in the busy Christmas period – with trips to Liverpool (December 20), West Ham (Dec 28) and Southampton (Jan 1) alongside a Boxing Day home fixture against QPR.
There is no repeat at any stage of the horrendous run of games Arsene Wenger’s men had last season in March, and they will have the benefit of playing four of their final six games at home.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 9 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 10 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
Arsenal will finish the season with games against Sunderland (H), Chelsea (H), Hull (A), Swansea (H), Manchester United (A) and WBA (H).
*These are provisional fixtures and are all subject to change.