Arsenal 2014/15 Premier League fixtures: Gunners start against Crystal Palace
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Arsenal will begin their 2014/15 campaign with a London derby against Crystal Palace at the Emirates before away days at Everton and Leicester City, it was revealed today.
The Gunners have a tricky run early on as they host Manchester City on September 13 before taking on north London rivals Tottenham at the Emirates two weeks later (September 27), and then playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge the following week (October 4).
The away fixture against Spurs is on February 7, and the home fixture against Chelsea - where former captain Cesc Fabregas will return to the club - is on April 25.
The trip to the Etihad, where Arsenal were humbled 6-3 last season by Manchester City, is scheduled for January 17.
Arsenal will welcome back Robin van Persie to the Emirates when they host Manchester United on November 22, before travelling to Old Trafford for the penultimate game of the season on May 16.
You may also want to watch:
The Gunners have three away games out of four in the busy Christmas period – with trips to Liverpool (December 20), West Ham (Dec 28) and Southampton (Jan 1) alongside a Boxing Day home fixture against QPR.
There is no repeat at any stage of the horrendous run of games Arsene Wenger’s men had last season in March, and they will have the benefit of playing four of their final six games at home.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Arsenal boss Montemurro picks up second straight manager of the month award
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
Arsenal will finish the season with games against Sunderland (H), Chelsea (H), Hull (A), Swansea (H), Manchester United (A) and WBA (H).
*These are provisional fixtures and are all subject to change.