Arsenal 2016/17 Premier League fixtures: Gunners open against Liverpool before facing champions Leicester
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Jamie Vardy will be facing an early return to the King Power Stadium if he opts to join Arsenal this summer.
The Leicester City striker, currently mulling over a proposed move to the Gunners, would be up against his former team-mates in the second game of the new Premier League season should he decide to make the switch.
Arsenal, who open their campaign with a home game against Liverpool on August 13, travel to meet the defending champions a week later and are on the road again in their next fixture, against Watford on August 27.
Gunners fans can expect fireworks on November 5 – which is the date for the first north London derby of the season as Tottenham make the short trip to the Emirates.
Supporters will have to wait until April 29 for the return match at White Hart Lane, which is followed by a home game against Manchester United and the often-dreaded visit to Stoke before Arsene Wenger’s side finish their campaign at home to Everton on May 21.
Other games to look out for are Arsenal’s first meeting of the season with Chelsea, on September 24 at the Emirates, and their debut at the Olympic Stadium, when they meet West Ham on December 3.
Over the Christmas period, the Gunners have home fixtures against West Brom on Boxing Day and a derby against Crystal Palace on New Year’s Eve, followed by a trip to Bournemouth on January 2.
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 5 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer
- 8 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 No More Red: Arsenal and Islington campaign against knife crime