Arsenal 3-0 Stoke City: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal beat Stoke City 3-0 at the Emirates on Sunday. Read the Islington Gazette’s PLAYER RATINGS
David Ospina: 6 – Didn’t have too much to do but he commanded his area well when required on his first start in the Premier League for 364 days.
Hector Bellerin: 7 – Found himself busy at the back during the first half. Despite this, he managed to get forward regularly and was the creator of some of Arsenal’s best chances.
Shkodran Mustafi: 6 – Was clumsy with the ball early on but swept up quite well in the heart of the back three when called upon.
You may also want to watch:
Calum Chambers: 6 – Despite Arsenal looking shaky from back to front in the first 45, he managed to stop any real Stoke danger with some clever tackles deep inside his side’s balf.
Nacho Monreal: 6 – Just like Bellerin, caused a real threat down the flanks. Needs to continue getting forward for the hosts if Arsenal want to show real attacking intent throughout matches.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Mohamed Elneny: 5 – Wasteful in the middle of the park for the Gunners during first half. Failed to dictate the tempo early on but was much better in second half. Picked up a yellow for a poor foul on Joe Allen late on in first half.
Jack Wilshere: 7 – One of Arsenal’s brighter sparks in the first 45 after the heartbreak of withdrawing from the England squad.. The midfielder was the one star to calm things down and lead the attacks early on.
Aaron Ramsey: 6 – May have not controlled the game as he would have liked but still managed to cause a threat against his foes, going close to opening the scoring when he hit the bar in the first half.
Mesut Ozil: 8 – Went missing for the majority of the opening period. However, was Arsenal’s most creative threat in last 45, winning the first penalty of the afternoon.
Danny Welbeck: 4 – Worked hard but didn’t impact the game much at all. Must be more influential from now until the end of the season if he wants any chance of making England’s World Cup squad.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 8.5 – After a frustrating first 45, the striker punished Stoke with two late goals. He has now scored five goals in just six Premier League games.
Alexandre Lacazette: 7 – It was a brilliant return for the Frenchman. Provided a real spark when he came on and deservedly got his goal from the penalty spot.
Granit Xhaka: 6 – Looked comfortable in the middle of the pitch after replacing Elneny.
Henrik Mkhitaryan: 6 – The Armenian looks to have settled in well at the Emirates and caused a danger when he came on for Wilshere.