Arsenal 3-1 AC Milan: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal beat AC Milan 3-1 in the second leg of their last 16 Europa League tie at the Emirates. Read on for Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS from the match.
David Ospina: 7.5 – Alert when needed to be
Hector Bellerin: 7.5 – Excellent going forward and offered solidity when defending. No wonder Juventus covet him on this performance.
Shkodran Mustafi: 7 – Solid. And you haven’t always been able to say that about him.
You may also want to watch:
Laurent Koscielny: N/A – Hobbled off after 15 minutes. The question is just how serious is the injury? Arsene Wenger said after the game it was a kick in the back but wasn’t too serious. Let’s hope so.
Nacho Monreal: 8 – Mr Consistent. The backline always looks far more impregnable with the Spaniard.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Granut Xhaka: 8.5 – Has had his detractors but showed defensive discipline and good positioning. Deserved his goal.
Aaron Ramsey: 8 – Lively start from the Welshman. Faded slightly but will come back fresh after minor surgery for the business end of the season. Someone offer him the contract he deserves. Now.
Jack Wilshere: 8 – Another powerful display from the 26-year-old who is improving with every game. Thoroughly deserves his England call.
Mesut Ozil: 8 – A quality performance from a class act.
Henrik Mkhitaryan: 7.5 – Not as influential as his performance last week at the San Siro but worked hard.
Danny Welbeck: 9 – Star man. Everyone knows he has talent. But does he have the confidence? On this display against the mighty AC Milan he does. Did he dive? Yes.