Arsenal 3-1 AC Milan: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal beat AC Milan 3-1 in the second leg of their last 16 Europa League tie at the Emirates. Read on for Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS from the match.
David Ospina: 7.5 – Alert when needed to be
Hector Bellerin: 7.5 – Excellent going forward and offered solidity when defending. No wonder Juventus covet him on this performance.
Shkodran Mustafi: 7 – Solid. And you haven’t always been able to say that about him.
Laurent Koscielny: N/A – Hobbled off after 15 minutes. The question is just how serious is the injury? Arsene Wenger said after the game it was a kick in the back but wasn’t too serious. Let’s hope so.
Nacho Monreal: 8 – Mr Consistent. The backline always looks far more impregnable with the Spaniard.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
Granut Xhaka: 8.5 – Has had his detractors but showed defensive discipline and good positioning. Deserved his goal.
Aaron Ramsey: 8 – Lively start from the Welshman. Faded slightly but will come back fresh after minor surgery for the business end of the season. Someone offer him the contract he deserves. Now.
Jack Wilshere: 8 – Another powerful display from the 26-year-old who is improving with every game. Thoroughly deserves his England call.
Mesut Ozil: 8 – A quality performance from a class act.
Henrik Mkhitaryan: 7.5 – Not as influential as his performance last week at the San Siro but worked hard.
Danny Welbeck: 9 – Star man. Everyone knows he has talent. But does he have the confidence? On this display against the mighty AC Milan he does. Did he dive? Yes.