Arsenal 3-1 AC Milan: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal beat AC Milan 3-1 in the second leg of their last 16 Europa League tie at the Emirates. Read on for Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS from the match.
David Ospina: 7.5 – Alert when needed to be
Hector Bellerin: 7.5 – Excellent going forward and offered solidity when defending. No wonder Juventus covet him on this performance.
Shkodran Mustafi: 7 – Solid. And you haven’t always been able to say that about him.
You may also want to watch:
Laurent Koscielny: N/A – Hobbled off after 15 minutes. The question is just how serious is the injury? Arsene Wenger said after the game it was a kick in the back but wasn’t too serious. Let’s hope so.
Nacho Monreal: 8 – Mr Consistent. The backline always looks far more impregnable with the Spaniard.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Granut Xhaka: 8.5 – Has had his detractors but showed defensive discipline and good positioning. Deserved his goal.
Aaron Ramsey: 8 – Lively start from the Welshman. Faded slightly but will come back fresh after minor surgery for the business end of the season. Someone offer him the contract he deserves. Now.
Jack Wilshere: 8 – Another powerful display from the 26-year-old who is improving with every game. Thoroughly deserves his England call.
Mesut Ozil: 8 – A quality performance from a class act.
Henrik Mkhitaryan: 7.5 – Not as influential as his performance last week at the San Siro but worked hard.
Danny Welbeck: 9 – Star man. Everyone knows he has talent. But does he have the confidence? On this display against the mighty AC Milan he does. Did he dive? Yes.