Arsenal 4 West Ham United 1: Player ratings
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal provided a late flourish to see off a dogged West Ham side in Arsene Wenger’s penultimate home Premier League match.
Marko Arnautovic cancelled out Nacho Monreal’s opener, before Aaron Ramsey restored the Gunners advantage and Alexandre Lacazette netted a late brace.
Here are Layth Yousif’s player ratings:
David Opsina: 7 - In for the ageing Petr Cech who has a hip injury. Showed awareness when saving from Marko Arnautovic early on but in truth was not tested much by a limited West Ham side.
Hector Bellerin: 7 - Showed energy on a hot afternoon by racing down the flank to provide a number of well-placed crosses.
You may also want to watch:
Laurent Koscielny: 7 - Could have scored after an early header but the ball flew narrowly wide.
Shkodran Mustafi: 6.5 – Talks a good game but does not always back it up with performances. Lacks defensive ability in so many areas. Another who should rightly be concerned about his prospects of playing for the club next term.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Nacho Monreal: 7.5 - Showed his usual consistency topped off with his sixth goal of the season. Arsenal’s Player of the Season for this correspondent.
Mohamed Elneny: 7 - Stretchered off moments before half-time. Looked distraught. Let’s hope it doesn’t ruin his World Cup hopes.
Granit Xhaka: 7- Provided what he is good at. Dead balls. Another assist from another corner leading to a goal.
Aaron Ramsey: 7.5 - Nearly scored with a powerful low shot moments before the interval and again afterwards. Restored lead with cross-cum-shot and set up late Lacazette goal.
Alex Iwobi: 3 - Poor. Unless he bucks up his ideas he will not be an Arsenal player next season.
Danny Welbeck: 7 – Misses too many half-chances to be a genuine poacher, but always gives his all and put in a shift on a hot afternoon. Whether that will be enough to gain a starting place in the biggest game of the season on Thursday will be another matter entirely. Deserved his warm ovation on being replaced late on.
Alexandre Lacazette: 7.5 – Largely anonymous until his two late goals. The mark of a prolific striker.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 7 – On for the injured Elneny. He must be relishing the prospect of a new manager playing him on the right side.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 7 – Pace to burn. Imagine how good he will be in a side which can defend next season.
Calum Chambers: 7 – On for Welbeck with the game won.