Arsenal academy striker Folarin Balogun signs first professional contract with the Gunners
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal academy striker Folarin Balogun has signed his first professional contract with the club.
The 17-year-old has impressed for the under 18s this season scoring 13 goals in 13 games.
At the club since the age of 10, Balogun was pleased to see his hard work rewarded.
Speaking to the club’s website, he said: “It feels really good to sign.
“I’ve been at the club from a young age so I’m just happy that I’m getting the opportunity to kick on.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a rollercoaster of a journey, loads of ups and downs but I’m glad all my hard work has been noticed and is paying off.”
Averaging a goal a game, Balogun has made his presence known this campaign.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
He added: “It’s been a good season so far but I just want to carry on scoring and helping the team week-in-week-out.
“My goal is to finish this season as the U18s league’s top goalscorer.”