Arsenal academy striker Folarin Balogun signs first professional contract with the Gunners
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal academy striker Folarin Balogun has signed his first professional contract with the club.
The 17-year-old has impressed for the under 18s this season scoring 13 goals in 13 games.
At the club since the age of 10, Balogun was pleased to see his hard work rewarded.
Speaking to the club’s website, he said: “It feels really good to sign.
“I’ve been at the club from a young age so I’m just happy that I’m getting the opportunity to kick on.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a rollercoaster of a journey, loads of ups and downs but I’m glad all my hard work has been noticed and is paying off.”
Averaging a goal a game, Balogun has made his presence known this campaign.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
He added: “It’s been a good season so far but I just want to carry on scoring and helping the team week-in-week-out.
“My goal is to finish this season as the U18s league’s top goalscorer.”