Arsenal agree fee with Manchester United for Robin van Persie
Transfer news: Robin van Persie is set to join the Red Devils, subject to agreeing personal terms
Arsenal and Manchester United have agreed terms for Dutch striker Robin van Persie.
The Dutchman announced last month that he didn’t want to sign a new contract with the Gunners leading him to be linked with moves to Manchester City and Juventus.
But it appears that the Red Devils have won the race for the 29-year-old.
“Arsenal Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for the transfer of Robin van Persie to Manchester United,” a statement on the Gunners’ official site read.
Van Persie will travel to Manchester on Thursday in order to agree personal terms and complete a medical ahead of the proposed move.”
The following appeared on the Red Devils’ official website: “Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 7 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
“The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.”