Arsenal agree fee with Manchester United for Robin van Persie
Transfer news: Robin van Persie is set to join the Red Devils, subject to agreeing personal terms
Arsenal and Manchester United have agreed terms for Dutch striker Robin van Persie.
The Dutchman announced last month that he didn’t want to sign a new contract with the Gunners leading him to be linked with moves to Manchester City and Juventus.
But it appears that the Red Devils have won the race for the 29-year-old.
“Arsenal Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for the transfer of Robin van Persie to Manchester United,” a statement on the Gunners’ official site read.
Van Persie will travel to Manchester on Thursday in order to agree personal terms and complete a medical ahead of the proposed move.”
The following appeared on the Red Devils’ official website: “Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.
- 1 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 5 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 6 Emma Thompson and Sir Ian McKellen line up to play Whodunnit detectives
- 7 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 8 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 9 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 10 Would you feed your dog a plant-based diet?
“The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.”