Arsenal agree fee with Manchester United for Robin van Persie
Transfer news: Robin van Persie is set to join the Red Devils, subject to agreeing personal terms
Arsenal and Manchester United have agreed terms for Dutch striker Robin van Persie.
The Dutchman announced last month that he didn’t want to sign a new contract with the Gunners leading him to be linked with moves to Manchester City and Juventus.
But it appears that the Red Devils have won the race for the 29-year-old.
“Arsenal Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for the transfer of Robin van Persie to Manchester United,” a statement on the Gunners’ official site read.
You may also want to watch:
Van Persie will travel to Manchester on Thursday in order to agree personal terms and complete a medical ahead of the proposed move.”
The following appeared on the Red Devils’ official website: “Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
“The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.”