Arsenal agree fee with Manchester United for Robin van Persie
Transfer news: Robin van Persie is set to join the Red Devils, subject to agreeing personal terms
Arsenal and Manchester United have agreed terms for Dutch striker Robin van Persie.
The Dutchman announced last month that he didn’t want to sign a new contract with the Gunners leading him to be linked with moves to Manchester City and Juventus.
But it appears that the Red Devils have won the race for the 29-year-old.
“Arsenal Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for the transfer of Robin van Persie to Manchester United,” a statement on the Gunners’ official site read.
You may also want to watch:
Van Persie will travel to Manchester on Thursday in order to agree personal terms and complete a medical ahead of the proposed move.”
The following appeared on the Red Devils’ official website: “Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
“The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.”