Arsenal announce date of highly anticipated kit launch
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed that the highly anticipated launch of their new kits for the 2019/20 season will take place on Monday, July 1.
Fans have been eager to get their first glimpse of the kits, which will be designed by Adidas for the first time since 1994.
Last year the club announced they had agreed a five-year deal worth a reported £300 million with the sportswear giant, ending their five-season relationship with Puma.
Arsenal announced the date of the kit unveiling in a tweet this afternoon, saying: "Our new 2019/20 home kit launches on July 1.
"Exclusively available from Arsenal and our kit partner until July 7."
You may also want to watch:
Adidas previously designed the Gunners' shirts from 1986 to 1994, creating famous kits such as the bruised banana pattern away strip, the yellow 1988/89 kit famously worn at Anfield when Arsenal won the league title on the last day of the season, and the red home shirt worn in the 1994 Cup Winners' Cup final.
Gooners hoping for designs that hark back to those famous shirts have just a week left to wait until they are revealed.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension