Arsenal announce tie-up with Hitchin Belles FC to boost women’s grassroots football
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have announced a link-up with a rising success story in women’s youth football.
The highly-acclaimed Hitchin Belles are now an official sister club of Arsenal Women.
The initiative aims to develop girls’ football and generate more opportunities for women to play the game.
Being a sister club of the mighty Arsenal reflects Hitchin Belles’s passion and commitment in developing girls football, and the work with Arsenal WFC will give them the chance to further the interest of girls football through a range of playing opportunities for the girls and development opportunities for the coaches.
Tom Hartley, Arsenal women’s development officer said: “It is great that we can support our local young people at Hitchin Belles inspiring more girls to fall in love with the game.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a great opportunity for clubs to get involved in the Arsenal Women’s Sister Club Programme as there is an increase in interest and support for girl’s football at the moment.”
The exciting Sister Club programme will allow Hitchin Belles to access monthly session plans which will help and support coaches, tickets for Arsenal Women’s games, a link to a player ambassador and much more.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
The well-respected Gemma Smith, a passionate long-term advocate of womens football and chair at Hitchin Belles said: “We’re delighted Hitchin Belles have been accepted as an Arsenal sister club.
“The Arsenal Women’s Sister Club Programme will enable us to enhance the development of our players and our coaches and open up a number of great opportunities that wouldn’t normally be available to us as a grassroots club.
“Hitchin Belles has one aim in mind, to grow girls football and we can’t wait to work alongside Arsenal in the Sister Club Programme.”
Hitchin Belles was formed in 1997 and registered with the local league and the Herts FA. It is one of the largest all-female football clubs in the country, with more than 170 girls registered to play across 11 teams, and a thriving ladies team.
For more information on Hitchin Belles FC visit www.hitchinbelles.com.