Arsenal attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan out for six weeks with broken foot
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been ruled out of action for around six weeks with a broken foot.
Mkhitaryan, 29, was taken off at the interval during the Carabao Cup quarter-final defeat to Spurs and missed the 3-1 victory over Burnley on Saturday
The North Londoners revealed the Armenia international has a “fractured metatarsal in his right foot”.
The former Manchester United star has netted four goals and provided three assists for Unai Emery’s side this term.
He joins an growing Arsenal injury list which also includes long-term absentees Danny Welbeck and defender Rob Holding, neither of whom are expected to play football until next season.
You may also want to watch:
Others on the injury list include Nacho Monreal who is being assesed with a hamstring issue ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Brighton.
Shkodran Mustafi who is also suffering from a hamstring complaint is expected to return to full training this week but will be short for the journey to the south coast.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Hector Bellerin will miss the next two months with a strain in his left calf while Emile Smith Rowe is still out with a hip injury.
Dinos Mavropanos is still out with a groin injury.