Arsenal attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan out for six weeks with broken foot
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been ruled out of action for around six weeks with a broken foot.
Mkhitaryan, 29, was taken off at the interval during the Carabao Cup quarter-final defeat to Spurs and missed the 3-1 victory over Burnley on Saturday
The North Londoners revealed the Armenia international has a “fractured metatarsal in his right foot”.
The former Manchester United star has netted four goals and provided three assists for Unai Emery’s side this term.
He joins an growing Arsenal injury list which also includes long-term absentees Danny Welbeck and defender Rob Holding, neither of whom are expected to play football until next season.
You may also want to watch:
Others on the injury list include Nacho Monreal who is being assesed with a hamstring issue ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Brighton.
Shkodran Mustafi who is also suffering from a hamstring complaint is expected to return to full training this week but will be short for the journey to the south coast.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
Hector Bellerin will miss the next two months with a strain in his left calf while Emile Smith Rowe is still out with a hip injury.
Dinos Mavropanos is still out with a groin injury.