Arsenal beat Wanderers in Australia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal ran out 3-1 winners over Western Sydney Wanderers in front of a record 83,221 crowd in their latest pre-season tour outing in Australia.
Record signing Alexandre Lacazette made his first start for the club, after netting as a substitute in the 2-0 win over Sydney FC on Thursday.
And the French striker had two early sights of goal before a deft touch released Nacho Monreal on the left to cross for Olivier Giroud to score at the near post on 33 minutes.
Monreal had a hand in the second Gunners goal just four minutes later as his long ball was lifted over the keeper by Aaron Ramsey.
And Arsenal netted a third goal in 11 minutes when Mohammed Elneny, playing in the middle of the back three, strode forward and fired home a deflected shot from Alex Iwobi’s pass.
You may also want to watch:
Steven Lustica replied for the Wanderers at close range, but Mesut Ozil and Eddie Nketiah both hit a post for the Gunners late on.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother