Arsenal beat Wanderers in Australia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal ran out 3-1 winners over Western Sydney Wanderers in front of a record 83,221 crowd in their latest pre-season tour outing in Australia.
Record signing Alexandre Lacazette made his first start for the club, after netting as a substitute in the 2-0 win over Sydney FC on Thursday.
And the French striker had two early sights of goal before a deft touch released Nacho Monreal on the left to cross for Olivier Giroud to score at the near post on 33 minutes.
Monreal had a hand in the second Gunners goal just four minutes later as his long ball was lifted over the keeper by Aaron Ramsey.
And Arsenal netted a third goal in 11 minutes when Mohammed Elneny, playing in the middle of the back three, strode forward and fired home a deflected shot from Alex Iwobi’s pass.
You may also want to watch:
Steven Lustica replied for the Wanderers at close range, but Mesut Ozil and Eddie Nketiah both hit a post for the Gunners late on.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller