Arsenal boosted by Kim Little and Jill Roord return
- Credit: PA
Arsenal have given an injury update ahead of this weekends crunch Women’s Super League clash with Manchester United.
Kim Little and Jill Roord have returned to full training, Little recovering from a hamstring injury and Netherlands international Roord is also back in full training coming back from an MCL problem.
Goalkeeper Fran Stenson is also back in full training after a thumb injury and Joe Montemurro’s side are also boosted by the return of German international Leonie Maier who will most likely start at right-back in Manchester due to the injury of Noelle Maritz.
Jordan Nobbs, Steph Catley and Lisa Evans will miss the weekends game with an Arsenal statement saying “they’ve started running on the pitch this week as part of their rehabilitation”.
The club have also given an update on Swiss International Noelle Maritz who suffered a knee injury just before the international break that forced her to miss Switzerland’s Euro 2022 qualifying win over Romania.
You may also want to watch:
The statement said on the former Wolfsburg full-back: “Noelle will start running on the pitch later this week as part of her rehabilitation for her knee injury”.
Arsenal’s game in Manchester will kick off at 2.30pm this Sunday and will be broadcast live on the FA player.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close