Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Foul on Ramsey was clear penalty as late Sanchez winner seals win over Burnley
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read what Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had to say after his side’s hard-fought 1-0 victory over Burnley at Turf Moor.
On the penalty
It looked a clear penalty, I will have to watch it again. I can understand they are disappointed.
[Ramsey] didn’t throw himself on the ground. He said he wanted to flick the ball on and was pushed in the back.
Important victory at Turf Moor
You may also want to watch:
After the win against Tottenham, it was important to go away a win and that’s what we did.
We kept a clean sheet. Burnley were really up for it. We won 1-0 and I want to congratulate my three centre-backs.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream
Second half Sanchez tactical switch
I pushed him more through the middle, he was much more influential. Second half he was much more dangerous.
I believe the first half was very even. It took us a while to get into the pace of the game
Second half I felt was all us. They had much more problems. We pushed ourselves a bit higher up. Even if we missed our final ball.
They defended very well. They are very clever, very direct. You understand why they have 22 points.
I don’t know, I haven’t seven seen him. The doctor came to see me and said he had to travel back home, he was in the hotel with us.
Will he be available for Wednesday? Certainly he will be short for Wednesday? We will see what it is exactly.