Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Foul on Ramsey was clear penalty as late Sanchez winner seals win over Burnley
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read what Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had to say after his side’s hard-fought 1-0 victory over Burnley at Turf Moor.
On the penalty
It looked a clear penalty, I will have to watch it again. I can understand they are disappointed.
[Ramsey] didn’t throw himself on the ground. He said he wanted to flick the ball on and was pushed in the back.
Important victory at Turf Moor
You may also want to watch:
After the win against Tottenham, it was important to go away a win and that’s what we did.
We kept a clean sheet. Burnley were really up for it. We won 1-0 and I want to congratulate my three centre-backs.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Second half Sanchez tactical switch
I pushed him more through the middle, he was much more influential. Second half he was much more dangerous.
I believe the first half was very even. It took us a while to get into the pace of the game
Second half I felt was all us. They had much more problems. We pushed ourselves a bit higher up. Even if we missed our final ball.
They defended very well. They are very clever, very direct. You understand why they have 22 points.
I don’t know, I haven’t seven seen him. The doctor came to see me and said he had to travel back home, he was in the hotel with us.
Will he be available for Wednesday? Certainly he will be short for Wednesday? We will see what it is exactly.