Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: I rate Jack Wilshere highly – Roy Keane knows bad performances can happen to anybody
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been speaking ahead of the Carabao Cup final against Manchester City at Wembley on Sunday. Read on for a transcript of what he said about the showpiece final including early team news.
Early team news on Sunday after the FK Ostersunds defeat at the Emirates on Thursday
We don’t know about Alex Iwobi. I have to make a decision about Aaron Ramsey. He has another test today and we will know more
[Mesut] Ozil had a good session yesterday. I think he will be alright for Sunday. I left a few players out last night (ahead of Sunday). The team will be different (at Wembley)
On Manchester City
You may also want to watch:
We need to be very well organised as a team. We need to stop the providers who feed (Sergio Aguero). One of the strengths of Manchester City is [Kevin] de Bruyne. He works very hard. He is a fighter. We have to build up belief and determination. Overall we know it is absolutely vital that we perform at our best. Every trophy is absolutely vital. It’s an important game. It can increase belief
On the road to Wembley
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
We faced good teams and played against good sides. Once you get to a final you want to win it. (The toughest match?) Norwich. It is true I have played young sides in the League Cup. But once you are in a final you want to win it.
What counts for me is that we have a desire to win it. Everybody expects a very exciting game and it will be. Wembley is always special because the stadium is divided in two. Sunday is a good day to perform at our best
People have less patience as before. The game is speedy. We are in the early stages if VAR. We want to combine better decisions without restricting the speed of the game
On the 2011 League Cup final defeat to Birmingham
We gave soft goals away. Overall the game was quite a good quality.
On Roy Keane’s criticism of Jack Wilshere
I personally rate Jack (Wilshere) very highly. Was it one of his best performances last night? No. But Roy Keane knows that can happen to anybody
On the forthcoming Europa League draw on Friday
The level of the Europa League is high. Let’s hope we have a good draw