Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists Mesut Ozil and Henkrik Mkhitaryan can play together
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says he isn’t worried about playing Mesut Ozil and new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the same Arsenal starting XI.
Fans are excited about Arsenal completing the deal for midfielder Mkhitaryan from Manchester United in a swap with Alexis Sanchez going the other way – even though the side has a wealth of creative options.
With both Ozil and the 29-year-old Armenian both preferring to play between the lines in the hole many are asking how the long-serving Frenchman can accommodate both in his side.
However Wenger is not concerned about the fact he has two playmakers and insists the pair can play alongside each other and dovetail effectively.
Asked how he could fit Mkhitaryan and Ozil into the same team, Wenger said: ‘[I’ll] Just play the good players!
You may also want to watch:
“They [Ozil and Mkitharyan] can always play together.
“‘[Against Crystal Palace] what have you on the pitch? They’re all attacking players. [Alex] Iwobi, Ozil, [Jack] Wilshere, [Alexandre] Lacazette, [Granit] Xhaka. They’re all offensive players, basically.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing