Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists Mesut Ozil and Henkrik Mkhitaryan can play together
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says he isn’t worried about playing Mesut Ozil and new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the same Arsenal starting XI.
Fans are excited about Arsenal completing the deal for midfielder Mkhitaryan from Manchester United in a swap with Alexis Sanchez going the other way – even though the side has a wealth of creative options.
With both Ozil and the 29-year-old Armenian both preferring to play between the lines in the hole many are asking how the long-serving Frenchman can accommodate both in his side.
However Wenger is not concerned about the fact he has two playmakers and insists the pair can play alongside each other and dovetail effectively.
Asked how he could fit Mkhitaryan and Ozil into the same team, Wenger said: ‘[I’ll] Just play the good players!
You may also want to watch:
“They [Ozil and Mkitharyan] can always play together.
“‘[Against Crystal Palace] what have you on the pitch? They’re all attacking players. [Alex] Iwobi, Ozil, [Jack] Wilshere, [Alexandre] Lacazette, [Granit] Xhaka. They’re all offensive players, basically.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother