Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on 4-1 win over Crystal Palace, Alexis Sanchez, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Nacho Monreal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read Arsene Wenger’s verdict on his side’s 4-1 win against Crystal Palace at the Emirates on Saturday and the reason he took off Nacho Monreal in the first half.
Arsene Wenger on the reason he took off Nacho Monreal
He has a kick on the back of the hamstring. It was precautionary.
On the win
We started well, played well. Played the football we know we can play. We had a convincing first half. The second half was less quality. Overall it was a convincing win.
You may also want to watch:
On Alexis Sanchez going to Manchester United
I expect it to happen, but I can’t announce it. In the next 48 hours it will be decided. Until it’s over the line you can’y say it will happen. If you want to have a bit, it could happen.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
On bidding for Aubameyang
No comment on that.
When pressed on Aubameyang and Dortmund labelling him ‘disrespectful’
I don’t know what I said, I said nothing happens and I can’t comment on it, so I am quite surprised. It looks to be a tactical reaction rather than anything else because I didn’t say anything.
They [Dortmund] are responsible for their own statements. I can’t stand up for what they say. If we sign someone we will announce it.
I half announce today Sanchez/Mkhitaryan because it’s likely to happen. The rest, we are not close at all to anything