Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Sanchez ‘could leave today, tomorrow or not at all’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read Arsene Wenger’s reaction to the defeat at Bournemouth including his take on Alexis Sanchez leaving the club.
Wenger on Sanchez leaving
It could happen today, tomorrow or not at all. I didn’t want to travel with him and then he goes somewhere.
At the moment we try to use players who are completely focused on the club.
It will be decided in the next 48 hours. It was difficult for him because he was on standby a little bit. Alexis would have played. He has always been committed until now
You may also want to watch:
If Sanchez goes, we need to replace him. When you look today we missed many players today. If he goes, we have to respond.
On the defeat
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
I feel overall physically it was a tough game for us. We made surprising mistakes. It was a lack of the right decision-making. By being very harsh we haven’t created enough. We were lacklustre in the final third.
On team spirit
I’m not concerned about the spirit. I’m concerned when it matters we are not dangerous enough.
I cannot say the team did not play with a good spirit but at that level it is a combination of quality and attitude.
Wenger on if Ozil was left out because he is leaving
No, he is injured.
On bringing in Malcom as a replacement for Sanchez
There’s nothing concrete there. It’s better that I don’t come out on any specific name.