Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Sanchez ‘could leave today, tomorrow or not at all’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read Arsene Wenger’s reaction to the defeat at Bournemouth including his take on Alexis Sanchez leaving the club.
Wenger on Sanchez leaving
It could happen today, tomorrow or not at all. I didn’t want to travel with him and then he goes somewhere.
At the moment we try to use players who are completely focused on the club.
It will be decided in the next 48 hours. It was difficult for him because he was on standby a little bit. Alexis would have played. He has always been committed until now
If Sanchez goes, we need to replace him. When you look today we missed many players today. If he goes, we have to respond.
On the defeat
- 1 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 4 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Protest erupts at the North London Waste Authority re-election meeting
- 9 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
I feel overall physically it was a tough game for us. We made surprising mistakes. It was a lack of the right decision-making. By being very harsh we haven’t created enough. We were lacklustre in the final third.
On team spirit
I’m not concerned about the spirit. I’m concerned when it matters we are not dangerous enough.
I cannot say the team did not play with a good spirit but at that level it is a combination of quality and attitude.
Wenger on if Ozil was left out because he is leaving
No, he is injured.
On bringing in Malcom as a replacement for Sanchez
There’s nothing concrete there. It’s better that I don’t come out on any specific name.