Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger warns against complacency ahead of CSKA Moscow Europa League clash
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsene Wenger has warned against complacency ahead of his side’s Europa League quarter final second leg against CSKA Moscow in Russia,
The Gunners take a 4-1 lead into the match bidding to reach their first European semi-final since 2009, when they lost out to Manchester United in the Champions League 4-1 on aggregate
With the last four in sight the long-serving Frenchman is urging his side to be vigilant ahead of the game.
Speaking in Moscow he said: “We are in a position where we are under the threat of complacency.
“We know it’s an important target for us to go as far as possible.
“Let’s not go overboard. Yes, we have still a big job to do but we are in a strong position and how we approach the game will be vital.”
The Gunners have played four matches in Russia and are looking to improve on their poor form after losing three and drawing one while conceding eight goals and only netting three.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
The draw for the last four takes place on Friday.