Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger warns against complacency ahead of CSKA Moscow Europa League clash
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsene Wenger has warned against complacency ahead of his side’s Europa League quarter final second leg against CSKA Moscow in Russia,
The Gunners take a 4-1 lead into the match bidding to reach their first European semi-final since 2009, when they lost out to Manchester United in the Champions League 4-1 on aggregate
With the last four in sight the long-serving Frenchman is urging his side to be vigilant ahead of the game.
Speaking in Moscow he said: “We are in a position where we are under the threat of complacency.
“We know it’s an important target for us to go as far as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s not go overboard. Yes, we have still a big job to do but we are in a strong position and how we approach the game will be vital.”
The Gunners have played four matches in Russia and are looking to improve on their poor form after losing three and drawing one while conceding eight goals and only netting three.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 9 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
The draw for the last four takes place on Friday.