Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger warns against complacency ahead of CSKA Moscow Europa League clash
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsene Wenger has warned against complacency ahead of his side’s Europa League quarter final second leg against CSKA Moscow in Russia,
The Gunners take a 4-1 lead into the match bidding to reach their first European semi-final since 2009, when they lost out to Manchester United in the Champions League 4-1 on aggregate
With the last four in sight the long-serving Frenchman is urging his side to be vigilant ahead of the game.
Speaking in Moscow he said: “We are in a position where we are under the threat of complacency.
“We know it’s an important target for us to go as far as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s not go overboard. Yes, we have still a big job to do but we are in a strong position and how we approach the game will be vital.”
The Gunners have played four matches in Russia and are looking to improve on their poor form after losing three and drawing one while conceding eight goals and only netting three.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
The draw for the last four takes place on Friday.