Arsenal boss Emery to keep pushing Nelson and Willock after starlets given Newcastle chance
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal youngsters Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock took their chance to impress Unai Emery after being named in the team that beat Newcastle on Sunday, but the Gunners boss is keen to keep pushing them to improve.
Both showed glimpses of the quality that has put them into the first-team fold in the 1-0 win at St James' Park, although both were substituted midway through the second-half.
When asked what he thought of their performances after the game, Emery responded with: "Good.
"They are young, they need to get confidence, to get experience. But we need to be winning.
"We are helping them but pushing them and our demand is a very big demand.
You may also want to watch:
"They need to do one process and sometimes it's playing like today and sometimes it's maybe starting in the bench.
"But above all, they are going to be with us."
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
"They deserved to be with us and to give them confidence can help us.
"It's the same with Martinelli, he played the last 10 minutes because he deserved it."