Arsenal boss Emery to keep pushing Nelson and Willock after starlets given Newcastle chance
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal youngsters Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock took their chance to impress Unai Emery after being named in the team that beat Newcastle on Sunday, but the Gunners boss is keen to keep pushing them to improve.
Both showed glimpses of the quality that has put them into the first-team fold in the 1-0 win at St James' Park, although both were substituted midway through the second-half.
When asked what he thought of their performances after the game, Emery responded with: "Good.
"They are young, they need to get confidence, to get experience. But we need to be winning.
"We are helping them but pushing them and our demand is a very big demand.
You may also want to watch:
"They need to do one process and sometimes it's playing like today and sometimes it's maybe starting in the bench.
"But above all, they are going to be with us."
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
"They deserved to be with us and to give them confidence can help us.
"It's the same with Martinelli, he played the last 10 minutes because he deserved it."