Arsenal boss Arteta confident he is making progress after Liverpool win
- Credit: PA
Arsenal boss Mike Arteta is confident he is making progress with his side after they secured a narrow 2-1 victory over champions Liverpool.
Goals from Alexandre Lacazette and Reiss Nelson sealed the three points for Arteta’s Gunners at the Emirates Stadium despite the Reds opening the scoring through Sadio Mane.
And the former midfielder believes his side showed enegy and belief to get something from the fixture.
He said: “In terms of energy and happiness before a semi-final, it was the best medicine. We had a bit of luck but the belief was good. Before, going behind, I think we could have gone down but we reacted.
“You only need to look at the difference between the two teams, the gap is enormous. But the energy, commitment and fight between the two teams is equal - and the rest will come. It will take time but we can create something.”
You may also want to watch:
Asked whether he will get the finances to build a title challenge at the Emirates Stadium, Arteta said: “I don’t know. It is a big concern because you just how to see how they build the squads.
“It is not magic, you need to improve with quality players in the squad. You need a bigger squad to compete in this competition and that is going to be the challenge.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller