Arsenal boss Unai Emery dismisses Spurs gaining advantage after North London derby confirmed to be played at Wembley
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
With the news that the North London derby will take place at Wembley – rather than the new White Hart Lane which is still not ready to host Premier League football – Arsenal boss Unai Emery has dismissed whether Spurs will gain an advantage from playing at the national stadium.
The Lillywhites confirmed on Thursday that the eagerly-awaited clash will take place in North West London rather than N17.
The match will take place on Saturday, March 2, with a 12.30 kick-off.
However, Arsenal head coach Emery dismissed the notion that Mauricio Pochettino’s side would benefit from playing at the larger capacity venue.
Speaking ahead of the Gunners clash with Huddersfield on Saturday, Emery, whose side triumphed over Spurs 4-2 before Christmas in one of their best performances of the season, mimed looking into the distance after he was asked his views on the North London derby being played at Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
He said to his questioner: “When [is the match?] In March?
“You are asking me about Saturday at Huddersfield? And you are asking me about March?”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29