Arsenal boss Unai Emery dismisses Spurs gaining advantage after North London derby confirmed to be played at Wembley
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
With the news that the North London derby will take place at Wembley – rather than the new White Hart Lane which is still not ready to host Premier League football – Arsenal boss Unai Emery has dismissed whether Spurs will gain an advantage from playing at the national stadium.
The Lillywhites confirmed on Thursday that the eagerly-awaited clash will take place in North West London rather than N17.
The match will take place on Saturday, March 2, with a 12.30 kick-off.
However, Arsenal head coach Emery dismissed the notion that Mauricio Pochettino’s side would benefit from playing at the larger capacity venue.
Speaking ahead of the Gunners clash with Huddersfield on Saturday, Emery, whose side triumphed over Spurs 4-2 before Christmas in one of their best performances of the season, mimed looking into the distance after he was asked his views on the North London derby being played at Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
He said to his questioner: “When [is the match?] In March?
“You are asking me about Saturday at Huddersfield? And you are asking me about March?”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29