Arsenal boss Unai Emery hails Hector Bellerin insisting injured defender will ‘come back stronger’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has hailed injury defender Hector bellerin and is convinced the talented Spainish international will come back stronger.
Bellerin will miss the rest of the season after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligement in his left knee during the 2-0 victory over Chelsea at the Emirates.
The Barcelona-born right-back, 23, was carried off on a stretcher in the 72nd minute of the Gunners comprehensive victory over their London rivals on Saturday.
Howver, Emery is backing Bellerin to come back stronger.
Speaking at London Colney on Wednesday afternoo he said: “Yes, we were sad and we are sad now after his injury.
You may also want to watch:
“I think this year is very difficult for big injuries like Hector, Rob Holding and Welbeck.
“But football is like that. We need to treat these injuries like a normality in football, but we are very sad for that.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
“Hector is very mature and I think he received this injury like a football professional can take and he is already preparing to come back stronger than before.”
The innocuous looking injury happened on his first start for five weeks after picking up a calf injury against Southampton in early December.
Bellerin has earned respect for his social conscience speaking out about climate change and veganism as well as attracting interest for his unique fashion sense.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29