Arsenal boss Unai Emery hails starlet Bukayo Saka after 1-0 win over Qarabag
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been speaking after his team beat FK Qarabag 1-0 in the Europa League at the Emirates on Wednesday evening.
A 16th minute Alex Lacazette goal sealed a 1-0 victory over the side from Baku on a bitterly cold night i n North London.
With the match already a dead rubber with Emery’s side achieving qualification as Group E winners after the 3-0 win in the Ukraine last time out the home side fielded an experimental team laced with youth and experience.
Gunners captain Laurent Koscielny started for the first time since suffering a serious achilles injury at Atletico Madrid since May – while the head coach also fielded starlets Eddie Nketiah, Joe Willock and Bukayo Saka.
Emery was quick to hail the Arsenal U21 attcker who has shone this term in the Checkatrade Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the match the former Sevilla boss said: “We give the chances [to young players] and they show us positive things.
“He [Sako] played a very good performance with a very big personality.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
“His personality is very important for us to continue trying to go 1v1 and break lines with his quality.
“He played with a very big personality and sometimes with a very good performance. It’s very important for his confidence and for us also, because we can look at this player and see quality to help us.
“Two weeks ago we played in Kiev and it was the same with Emile and Willock, who scored there. Nketiah played today also and gave a good performance. We need one process with them, but in this process, they also need to show us their [development].”