Arsenal boss Unai Emery hails starlet Bukayo Saka after 1-0 win over Qarabag
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been speaking after his team beat FK Qarabag 1-0 in the Europa League at the Emirates on Wednesday evening.
A 16th minute Alex Lacazette goal sealed a 1-0 victory over the side from Baku on a bitterly cold night i n North London.
With the match already a dead rubber with Emery’s side achieving qualification as Group E winners after the 3-0 win in the Ukraine last time out the home side fielded an experimental team laced with youth and experience.
Gunners captain Laurent Koscielny started for the first time since suffering a serious achilles injury at Atletico Madrid since May – while the head coach also fielded starlets Eddie Nketiah, Joe Willock and Bukayo Saka.
Emery was quick to hail the Arsenal U21 attcker who has shone this term in the Checkatrade Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the match the former Sevilla boss said: “We give the chances [to young players] and they show us positive things.
“He [Sako] played a very good performance with a very big personality.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
“His personality is very important for us to continue trying to go 1v1 and break lines with his quality.
“He played with a very big personality and sometimes with a very good performance. It’s very important for his confidence and for us also, because we can look at this player and see quality to help us.
“Two weeks ago we played in Kiev and it was the same with Emile and Willock, who scored there. Nketiah played today also and gave a good performance. We need one process with them, but in this process, they also need to show us their [development].”