Arsenal boss Unai Emery on Mesut Ozil ahead of the North London derby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been speaking about Mesut Ozil ahead of the North London derby. Read on for what he said at the club’s weekly press conference at London Colney.
On Mesut Ozil’s goal against Bournemouth...
Each player has the skills and Ozil has the confidence to shoot like that. I think it’s also amazing that football can have players with these skills and able to do different things on the pitch.
On whether he’d rather Ozil would finish ‘normally’…
I prefer goals.
You may also want to watch:
On whether he’s done enough to start v Spurs…
For us, we are doing a plan for a lot of matches and each match is different, whether it’s home or away, the opposition and how we are in each moment. The most important thing is whether each player can be OK for tomorrow. Then we decide to play. With this, we’ll decide whether Mesut will play tomorrow.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
On how Mesut has reacted to being in and out of the team…
The first thing is that he had injuries. Sometimes he’s had a bad back and then he’s sick. That’s the reason. I spoke with him and I’ve spoken to you, telling you about when he can be consistent and available to do training, to take the rhythm and the confidence to be able to play matches. That’s better for us.
On whether he trusts Mesut in big games…
I want to watch every player play in all the matches against the big teams, against all the teams.