Arsenal boss Unai Emery opens up on Barcelona transfer target Denis Suarez
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been speaking about possible transfer target Denis Suarez after the Gunners 3-0 victory over Blackpool at Bloomfield Road on Saturday.
The North Londoners head coach discussed the Barcelona midfielder following his side’s comprehensive victory over the Tangerines in the FA Cup third round through a Joe Willock brace a late Alex Iwobi strike.
Suarez is reported to be close to signing a deal with Arsenal, according to reports from Sky in Italy.
The Spaniard, who played under Unai Emery at Sevilla, has previously been the subject of interest from clubs in Italy, including AC Milan and Roma.
It is understood Emery is keen to work with Suarez once more and the player would be happy to reunite with his former coach.
Emery said: “I think the club is working for the possibility to take some players who can help us during these next four months. Maybe the transfer market can help us with a centre-back, but it is not easy because also Mavropanos is also coming back after injury.
“Also a winger, right or left, one player can help us in this position.
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 3 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 4 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 5 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
“He was playing in his career, and also with me also, as a right or left winger.”
For the latest transfer news follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29