Arsenal boss Unai Emery said to have ‘deleted’ Mesut Ozil from squad claim German newspaper BILD
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
German newspaper BILD have given their verdict on the ongoing saga surrounding Mesut Ozil’s future at Arsenal by saying that the midfielder has been ‘deleted’ from Unai Emery’s squad.
The damning piece opened with ‘2019 doesn’t work for Mesut Ozil’, following his omission from Arsenal’s squad in their recent defeat to West Ham.
The creative midfielder hasn’t featured for Arsenal since the boxing day draw in Brighton, and after recovering from a knee injury, his place in the squad looks uncertain.
BILD went on to claim that Emery has ‘deleted’ Ozil from the squad, after leaving him out due to tactical reasons several times.
With Chelsea visiting the Emirates on Saturday many fans and seasoned observers will be interested to see if Ozil will be called to action in the vital London derby. BILD wrote: “There is another chance for Ozil to get some minutes in 2019 against Chelsea, if Emery lets him [play].”
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal sit in fifth place, six points off rivals Chelsea in the race for the final Champions League qualifying spot.
See the Islington Gazette newspaper and website all week for our comprehensive pre-match coverage of the eaegerly-awaited match.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 10 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'