Arsenal boss Unai Emery speaks ahead of Bournemouth clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been speaking ahead of his side’s trip to Bournemouth this weekend. Read on for a transcript of what he said.
For two years we lost out on playing in the Champions League. That is the first thing in mind we want to recover.
But also now the Premier League is at a big level with big teams and with big demands for us.
Our first idea is to recover this position in Europe and to play in the Champions League.
You may also want to watch:
Emery on team news
Today all the players trained OK. Only Danny [Welbeck] who has an injury and also Nacho Monreal now is not OK for Sunday.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Laurent Koscielny now is close with us to start maybe little by little taking minutes. It’s good news.
Lichtsteiner is starting to train with us but for Sunday he is not OK. We will look tomorrow.
Emery on Bournemouth
Now they are just four points behind us and on Sunday we are playing there.
They are a good team with a young coach but he has very big experience. I know Bournemouth, they prepare well with good tactical movement on the pitch.
They have a big intensity with each player. When they play at home we know it is difficult.
We need to prepare well with every player to have a big mentality and intensity for the 90 minutes.
Emery on how Arsenal are after the international break
We are doing OK, 16 games not losing but also the last three matches we draw. This is two situations.
Our ambition is take another victory, but winning each match is very difficult.