Arsenal boss Unai Emery: We need to show our supporters we are excited for the Europa League
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery wants to draw fans back to the Emirates for Europa League matches after a low turnout for the Gunners’ 4-2 victory over FC Vorskla Poltava.
The Emirates was littered with empty seats as Arsenal romped to a 4-0 lead over the Ukranians, before fans trickled down the exits in the final 15-minutes as Vorskla grabbed two late consolations.
However, the competition’s joint most successful manager - lifting the cup three times with Sevilla - is determined to convince Gunners fans that Thursday night games are worth their time.
Speaking after the game, Emery said: “We need to show our supporters we are excited for this competition.
“We want to go a great way in this Europa League.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s step by step, I am sure more are going to come little by little.
“It’s our job to bring them here.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Arsenal’s next European night in North London will see the Gunners host Sporting Lisbon, after travelling to Qarabag FK and the Portuguese capital in Group E.