Arsenal boss Wenger gives contract updates on Ozil, Sanchez and Wilshere
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsene Wenger has been discussing the contract situation regarding Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez and Jack Wilshere. Read on to find out what he had to say.
The progress is, in our jobs sometimes one day you think you’ve made progress and the next day you move back again, so as long as something is not signed you don’t like to talk too much about it.
What is the plan if Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere leave in the summer?
Well, how we will cope with that – first of all we have not lost them yet and secondly we will respond to that by bringing in players of top quality.
Have any offers for Ozil or Sanchez been received?
We have not been contacted by anybody, no.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 3 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 4 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 5 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 6 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
Are you confident of keeping them?
We try, but you know I answered that question many times. I think at the moment it is not to talk too much but to focus on tomorrow’s game.
On Wilshere wishing to sign a new contract…
I just answered that question, I want him to stay. I say I answered that question because as long as things are not signed you can say you are positive, negative or super positive, but when things are not signed you shut up and announce things when they are concrete, it’s simple as that.
Is it better to sell Sanchez rather than let him leave on a free?
Honestly, my focus is on tomorrow’s game. After that, this club has lost many, many big players and has always responded well. Massive players have left this club and the club will always be in a strong position. You want to keep your best players, yes.
Are you scared of losing Ozil, Sanchez and Wilshere?
No. Because I want them to stay. Why should I be scared?