Arsenal boss Wenger gives contract updates on Ozil, Sanchez and Wilshere
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsene Wenger has been discussing the contract situation regarding Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez and Jack Wilshere. Read on to find out what he had to say.
The progress is, in our jobs sometimes one day you think you’ve made progress and the next day you move back again, so as long as something is not signed you don’t like to talk too much about it.
What is the plan if Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere leave in the summer?
Well, how we will cope with that – first of all we have not lost them yet and secondly we will respond to that by bringing in players of top quality.
You may also want to watch:
Have any offers for Ozil or Sanchez been received?
We have not been contacted by anybody, no.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
Are you confident of keeping them?
We try, but you know I answered that question many times. I think at the moment it is not to talk too much but to focus on tomorrow’s game.
On Wilshere wishing to sign a new contract…
I just answered that question, I want him to stay. I say I answered that question because as long as things are not signed you can say you are positive, negative or super positive, but when things are not signed you shut up and announce things when they are concrete, it’s simple as that.
Is it better to sell Sanchez rather than let him leave on a free?
Honestly, my focus is on tomorrow’s game. After that, this club has lost many, many big players and has always responded well. Massive players have left this club and the club will always be in a strong position. You want to keep your best players, yes.
Are you scared of losing Ozil, Sanchez and Wilshere?
No. Because I want them to stay. Why should I be scared?