Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Mature’ Jack Wilshere isn’t on his way back – he is back
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has hailed Jack Wilshere after another superb performance this in after he also scored his first goal for the club for two years in the 6-0 Europa League rout of BATE Borisov.
Wilshere has been in excellent form during the Gunners European campaign this term after they topped Group with four wins, one draw and a single defeat in Cologne when they had already qualified for the knock-out stages.
With the clamour growing for the Hitchin-reared 25-year-old creative midfielder to start a Premier League match a delighted Wenger praised his player, saying:
“You will see more of him – now I would not even say he is coming back – he is back.
“The next step is for him to be competitive in the Premier League and to fight for his place in the team. He will get games, he will get the opportunity to show that Jack Wilshere is back.
You may also want to watch:
“I would say this is the most mature Wilshere I have seen, in the game and outside the game. He is not excessive, he has taken a distance from the pressure that was always around him.
“He is a special talent and since he was 17 all the attention in the country was on him. He has gone through huge disappointments, but now he is a father and a happy father.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
“You can see he thinks with a different perspective and I personally feel this is the most mature, balanced Wilshere I have seen.”