Arsenal boss Wenger on Giroud’s hamstring injury: It doesn’t look good
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsenal confirmed forward Olivier Giroud will miss the Liverpool match on Friday with a hamstring problem at the Emirates and hinted he could miss the next three weeks, including the crucial festive period.
He also confirmed Francis Coquelin suffered with an issue with his hamstring but is not as serious.
Both players limped off in the final 12 minutes and Wenger said after the game: “It doesn’t look very good.
“It looks like that [Giroud could miss the Christmas and New Year set of fixtures].
“We have to wait. Nowadays you do the scan 48 hours after the injury.
You may also want to watch:
“That will happen on Thursday, then we’ll have a precise kind of grade on what his hamstring is.
“When you listen to him, the pain is quite big, but the grade is not always linked with the intensity of the pain.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
“I would say Coquelin has a chance for Friday night. Giroud definitely looks a hamstring and that’s of course disappointing, let’s hope it will not be too bad.”