Arsenal boss Wenger on Giroud’s hamstring injury: It doesn’t look good
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsenal confirmed forward Olivier Giroud will miss the Liverpool match on Friday with a hamstring problem at the Emirates and hinted he could miss the next three weeks, including the crucial festive period.
He also confirmed Francis Coquelin suffered with an issue with his hamstring but is not as serious.
Both players limped off in the final 12 minutes and Wenger said after the game: “It doesn’t look very good.
“It looks like that [Giroud could miss the Christmas and New Year set of fixtures].
“We have to wait. Nowadays you do the scan 48 hours after the injury.
You may also want to watch:
“That will happen on Thursday, then we’ll have a precise kind of grade on what his hamstring is.
“When you listen to him, the pain is quite big, but the grade is not always linked with the intensity of the pain.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
“I would say Coquelin has a chance for Friday night. Giroud definitely looks a hamstring and that’s of course disappointing, let’s hope it will not be too bad.”