Arsenal boss Wenger: Our schedule is ‘cruel’ as Gunners eye Borisov after Lacazette’s brace beats West Brom 2-0
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsene Wenger has described Arsenal has having a ‘cruel schedule’ after being forced to play on Monday against West Brom before flying thousands of miles to Belarus before then taking on Brighton at the Emirates on Sunday lunchtime.
The long-serving Frenchman speaking after his side beat Tony Pulis’ Baggies side 2-0 through a brace from record signing Alexander Lacazette was not impressed with the short turn-around time and extensive travelling.
Wenger said: “I have a decision to make [in terms of team selection for BATE Borisov].
“But the schedule for us at the moment is a little bit cruel.
“We played tonight, we play in BATE Borisov on Thursday night. We play Sunday morning at 12 o’clock here. So when you look at the schedule I think there was some room for us to be a bit different but we have to accept it.
You may also want to watch:
“Ww will go to Borisov with a team of senior players and certainly with a young bench, There is no need to talk to the Premier League about that because it is the television that decides [the fixtures].”
Wenger also referred to the Brighton v Newcastle match that took place yesterday saying it could have been played tonight with Arsenal’s fixture being moved to Sunday, adding: “I don’t complain but it does have an impact on us. It is very important.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers