Arsenal boss Wenger tells his team ahead of North London derby against Spurs: Keep calm to prosper
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has spoken ahead of Saturday’s eagerly-awaited North London derby against bitter rivals Spurs at the Emirates.
The long-serving Gunners manager is an old hand at these type of games and understands the passion generated by both sets of fans – but is calling for a cool head from his men.
Speaking at the club’s training base London Colney he cautioned his team to keep calm to prosper.
He said: “First of all there’s always pride involved, the desire to beat your opponent like all the neighbours in the world have.
“It’s always a fierce derby. As well to keeping your nerve, you must have full commitment while being lucid and calm enough to focus on the game.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s one of the fixtures that is very important for us and that we want to win, as well because in the table we have to make some ground up on the top teams.
“At home we have been very strong and our home strength will certainly be vital to decide where we finish at the end of the season.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
“I think Tottenham are a good side but we have the quality to win this game and that’s what we want to show.”